Become A Member
Learn how your membership helps protect our rivers and rights of use.
Learn More About River Law
Frequently Asked Questions »
FAQs about federal law regarding public ownership, use, and conservation of rivers
Why River Rights? »
NOR is the organization that focuses on achieving public-trust ownership of rivers, conserving rivers through public-trust ownership, and ensuring the public's legal rights to enjoy rivers
FREE ACTIVIST MEMBERSHIP for 1st Place in the Social Media Competition
Want a FREE Activist Membership?! Let the competition begin!
From today (Sept. 18) until October 2nd, 2013, we will be having a social media competition. 1st place will receive a FREE 1 year Activist Membership, a $60 value! It includes:
1. The book Public Rights on Rivers: Canoeing, Kayaking, Rafting, Fishing, Fowling, River Conservation, and Water Rights.
2. Currents monthly e-newsletter: updates to how river law is being addressed in fishing, canoeing, kayaking, rafting, and other public river recreation.
3. NOR Member Area access
4. State-by-state news
5. Detailed river law pages in the Member Area
6. Mailed new member welcome packet with NOR bumper sticker
8. One delivery of NOR materials to a government agency in your area
- FACEBOOK: 1 pt for liking a post, 3 pts for a comment, 8 pts for sharing a post, and 10 pts for a NOR recommendation.
- TWITTER: 1 pt for following NOR, 3 pts reply to a post, 5 pts for a mention in a tweet (@NationalRivers in post), 8 pts for retweeting a post.
- GOOGLE+: 1pt "+1" a post, 3 pts for comment, 5 pts for post on NOR page or NOR mention (@National Organization for Rivers)
- LINKEDIN: 5 pts for following NOR
- NOR WEBSITE: 5 pts for posting a comment on a current issue or blog
*UPDATES OF THE TOP 5 COMPETITORS WILL BE POSTED ON SOCIAL MEDIA TWICE A WEEK.
**THE PERSON WHO HAS THE MOST POINTS BY OCTOBER 2ND, 2013 11:59PM MST WILL BE DECLARED THE WINNER!
Motivation to compete
The highlight of Activist Membership prize is:
1. YOU get to read the book about public rights on rivers that will change your life forever regarding kayaking, canoeing, rafting, fishing, and recreation rights on rivers.
AND EQUALLY AS IMPORANT
2. Send the book and NOR materials to a government agency that has never heard this side of public rights on rivers in a basic and powerful way.
Educate yourself and others about public rights on rivers, so rivers can be protected now and for future generations. That is the bottom line!
And for all the Hunger Games fans, "May the odds be ever in your favor."
Got something to say?This thread has been closed from taking new comments.
Recent Blog Posts
- CURRENTS 71: Help prevent conflict about river rights in New Mexico and other states
- CURRENTS 70: Negotiating to improve river access
- Use the new book and poster to restore your rights on rivers everywhere
- Freedom to use rivers
- Why are public rights on rivers an issue?
- What are you buying when you buy riverfront property?
- River Law Info Packets
- Ringing in the New Year
- Year-End Giving: How you can help make a difference in 2014
- Exciting Holiday Happenings at NOR!
- A fisherman’s story: How NOR materials helped get river rights acknowledged
- NEW POSTERS ABOUT PUBLIC RIGHTS ON RIVERS
- A private river: Fantasy or reality?
- The government shutdown: River rights being wrongfully denied
- Social Media Competition
- Protect your rights to recreate on rivers: Help prevent littering!
- Hot topic: Is it a “taking” of private property for the public to use rivers?
- New Book, New Website!